Come and join us for a fun day of yoga to celebrate the International Day of Yoga on Sunday, June 9th in Minoh City, Osaka. Admission is free! (Registration required)
International Day of Yoga Event 2019@ Minoh City, Osaka
- Date & Time: Sunday, June 9th, 2019 10:00AM – 12:00NOON (Reception starts from 9:30AM at the Outdoor Stage)
- Venue: Maple Hall Outdoor Stage (Outdoor Arena next to Ashihara Park)
- Price: Free of Charge (Reservation required)
- Max. No. of People: 100 (Age: 7 and above)
- Please bring yoga mat, towel and water. If you do not own a yoga mat, please kindly bring a large towel.
- Registration: Registration has concluded. We look forward to seeing you at future events! Thank you!!
About International Day of Yoga
International Day of Yoga was proposed by Prime Minister Modi of India at the UN General Assembly and was supported by 177 member states. The declaration was accepted unanimously at the UN General Assembly on December 2014 and as result, June 21st has become the International Day of Yoga starting 2015.
The reason for June 21st being the date is because the date is the longest day of the year in the northern hemisphere and has special significance in many parts of the world.
On this day, many countries in the world including India, the United States, European countries, Latin America, and the Middle East host events to celebrate the International Day of Yoga. 192 countries in more than 3,000 places celebrate the event.
In Japan as well, last year in 2018, International Day of Yoga events were held in places including Tokyo, Yokohama, Yamanashi, Toyama, Ishikawa, Aichi, Kyoto, Osaka, Hyogo, Hiroshima and Okinawa.
This year we will host an event in Minoh City, Osaka. Please come and joy us to celebrate this exciting day!